Working Green Resources for Retailers
MMSB is helping businesses rethink retail waste. We’ve developed these informative guides to help you put green initiatives to work for you and the environment.
- Forming a Greener Future Team: A group of employees who would like to reduce the environmental impact of your organization can help your business reach your sustainability goals.
- Adopting an Environmental Policy: A declaration of commitment to the environment is one of the first steps to reducing an organization’s environment footprint. An environmental policy should unify the environmental vision of employees, management, partners, shareholders, customers and suppliers.
- Conducting a Waste Audit: A waste audit will determine the sources and amounts of waste disposed of at your office, providing baseline data to help you determine priorities and establish waste reduction recommendations.
- Establishing Office Recycling Programs: Recycling initiatives, such as beverage container and paper recycling, are easy to implement and monitor. Centralized recycling stations can help cut down on materials sent to the landfill.
- Writing a Green Procurement Policy: Reduce your environmental impact by incorporating sustainable shopping habits into office purchasing procedures. A Green Procurement Policy will help your organization commit to purchasing products and services that are environmentally sustainable.
- Hosting Green Meetings: Say good bye to paper agendas and minutes while saving your organization time and money. Green meetings ensure that all aspects – administration, location, food services, accommodations, and transportation – are taken into account in order to significantly reduce waste and environmental impact.
- Encouraging Waste-Free Lunches: Encouraging staff to rethink how they pack lunch and providing reusable dishes at the office can greatly reduce waste. This guide will help staff save lunch money, reduce waste and eat healthier too!
- Check the 3R Office Checklist: Use this Checklist to see how well your business is reducing waste, conserving energy and water and helping to protecting the environment.